Ďţ˛ ˝ÓýűÚ ¤ÓÔňŰ ĐŰţßţńŕŔÝ
His uncle is famous Russian musician Nikolai Osipov, whoes name is given to the glorified Folk Instruments Orchestra. His grandfather is a famous violinist in Russia. His father is an outstanding musician whose house visited Yan Sibelius in person. With such glorified relatives he has simply been doomed to become a musician.
Pavel Slobodkin graduated from Gnesiny Musical-Pedagogical Institute, the composer faculty, he is proud of being taught by Aram Khachaturian and having honored chance ôto stand close to great Igor Stravinskyö.
In 1966 Pavel Slobodkin organized Vocal-Instrumental ensemble ôVeselye Rebiataö (Happy Guys) which since first years of artistic life became a talent foundry for the Soviet variety. In different years the collective of ôVeselye Rebiataö included Anatoly Alyoshin, Alexander Barykin, Alexey Glyzin, Vyacheslav Malezhik, Vladimir Matetsky. During that time they were simply young, talented, not eminent Tolia, Sasha, Lyosha, Slava, Volodia who worked not for the sake of career but huge love to music.
For nineteen years Vocal-Instrumental ensemble ôVeselye Rebiataö had been banned on TV. The praise of Secretary General of the Central Committee of the CPSU of Leonid Ilich Brezhnev became a kind of pass: ôa promising ensembleĺ. After these words the TV allowed millions admirers to watch favourite performers. Well, and songs of ôVeselye Rebiataö sounded from all tape recorders.
This year the favourite collective celebrates its 45th anniversary.
Journalists asked Pavel Slobodkin:
- Why has not the ensemble celebrated such a considerable date with pomp: tour rounds and concerts?
Pavel Slobodkin frankly answered:
- It would not be desirable to reanimate former collective because of the name ôVeselye Rebiataö. It is my fault. When I gave this named to the ensemble, I didnĺt foresee that we would grow old. We give live concerts with a new collective, but they are not regular. Organizers do not wish to fiddle about our equipment. And I do not accept performances with playback.
- How often is the repertoire updated?
- ôVeselye Rebiataö, of course, perform new songs. But older people are used to listen to the songs of their youth.
- Once, the ensemble ôcreatedö Alla Pugacheva. Perhaps, it is the brightest "graduate" of your "stars academy". Please, remind us, as it began ů
- Well, Alla was the performer of our ensemble. By that time it had already been evident, how gifted she was. But at the All-Soviet Union Contest which she took part in, degree of her talent was not properly assessed. We argued with Leonid Osipovich Utesov about it. I told him, that in half a year she would make huge breakthrough. Alla and I won after I had made an arrangement of ôArlekinoö. Before this, the song hadnĺt been of great interest for performers.
- Which of the existing vocal groups would you distinguish?
- Ensemble ôDiskoteka Avariaö. It is like a ôVeselye Rebiataö in modern version. It is a modern variety.
Pavel Slobodkin spoke about a new disk of the ensemble ôCherche laůö As he said, the audience hasnĺt heard such ôVeselye Rebiataö yet.
"Star Hour" with the organizer of the ensemble was the last in the program of this year. The Press Centre of the International Festival of Arts ôSlavianski Bazaar in Vitebskö closed. See you again!